Friday 30 June 2023

June 2023 ~ Enjoying the smaller things

 I had a small blue butterfly called a Holy Blue in the garden and I managed to get a few images.  It landed on a Grape Hyacinth. I really liked the all blue theme of the image. It inspired me to get back into an area of photography where I first started.  To be honest in those days I could only really afford a macro lens as the large telephotos were out of my reach.

An Holy Blue in the garden

I loved the simplicity of the image and the dark out of focus background.

That was it I was hooked again!

It almost seems like a re-born hobby and I am really enjoying my renewed interest.

Wild flowers butterflies and Dragonflies all come into scope.

Marbled White on a Dandelion


White Tailed Bumblebee

Common Spotted Orchid

Four-Spotted Chaser

On my smallholding there were a lot of Skipper butterflies in flight and I settled down by a Common Centaury, a beautiful pink little flower, and waited for a few minutes.  Sure enough a Small Skipper landed on it.  It created this pleasing image of the flower and the butterfly.  I really like it.

Small Skipper on a Common Centaury

It has been so satisfy to re visit my roots in photography and re-kindle my interest in the smaller things.
There is still plenty of summer left too!

Keep enjoying nature everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment