Friday 7 July 2017

July 2017 Red Kites around my Local Patch following the hay-making kit

To think that these birds were nearly extinct in the UK with only a handful of pairs hanging on in Mid Wales. I was so excited when I saw my first one in Wales and remember almost panicking when I could not find anywhere to stop the car I was so excited.  I also remember in my old bird book The Encyclopaedia of British Birds it stated: "Buzzards are found throughout the Cambrian Mountains and so is the rare Red Kite"  Now I took this shot while painting the garden furniture in my back garden in Winchcombe Gloucestershire.

Red Kite

I just cannot imagine not reaching for my camera though when they are around.  They are such great birds and I always remember the excitement of that first sighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment