Sunday 5 March 2023

March 2023 ~ Images from "The Land rover Safari"

 I have an old Land rover which I use to get around on my Small Holding at Winchcombe in Gloucestershire.  It is so useful and also comes in handy these days to support my other hobby which is wildlife photography.  It is amazing how wildlife does not see vehicles as a threat. If I am lucky I can turn the engine off and they just carry on with their every day business.  This gives me some great opportunities to capture some images.

The Land rover hide from the inside

The Roe Deer have got particularly used to it.  I always try to drive away without disturbing them, and this is always a good investment for the next time.

Roe Deer doe

Muntjac doe
Raptors are very much more timid and you definitely need the camouflage over the window to get anywhere near them.

Common Buzzard


Common Buzzard feeding

The Land rover has done so much work over the years and has also seen a few adventures along the way.  It is such a great companion.

Winchcombe floods 2007

Spring is around the corner, always a great time for us wildlife people.

Keep getting out there!


No comments:

Post a Comment