Thursday 10 January 2019

January 2019 Sometimes you get lucky - Beautiful Male Bullfinch

Most of bird and wildlife photography takes quite hard work and a lot of patience.  There are often trips where you come home with no results at all.  It is the challenges that keep most of us like minded people going to try and capture that moment.  This beautiful Bullfinch was quite the opposite.  I could see him from my backdoor and wondered if I would have time to get the camera out before he flew off.
  I thought I would give it a go.  He just stayed there feeding on the shoots where the blackbirds had eaten off the berries. I was so pleased to creep out into the garden and get some results.

enjoying his meal

I was really pleased when he started to hang upside down and gave me so more interesting poses to capture.

Acrobatics for a meal
They are really beautiful birds, and in my opinion one of the most colourful birds resident in the UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment