Thursday 9 July 2020

July 2020 Always a great month for Butterflies

It is great to see so many butterflies over the meadow grass and brambles on my local patch.  It was quite a surprise to realise that I could capture some images with my long lens.  I thought I would have difficulty holding the lens still and also getting enough depth of field.  I also didn't think that the minimum focus distance would give a large enough image in the frame.  So I was quite pleased with these few I captured:

Red Admiral

Small Tortoiseshell

Marbled White

Of course while being out with the camera other things turn up and I am always ready for the opportunities.  I managed to catch sight of these fox  cubs playing in the grass.  Keeping quite still I managed to capture a few images and spend a few enjoyable minutes.


Cubs enjoying the early morning sunshine

Posing for me
Female Muntjac
This female muntjac also came creeping along the hedge.
A most satisfying morning and I may get back into a bit more macro photography!



No comments:

Post a Comment