Tuesday 1 December 2020

December 2020 ~ A patch of mud becomes a bird feeder

 I have bird feeders set up on my smallholding. Whilst waiting and watching the various birds coming and going I noticed that there were a few wagtails through the gate on a patch of mud.  These appeared so regularly and they were attending as often as the blue tits and great Tits on the feeders.  It seems such an obvious thought but it just reminded me of how the whole natural environment is really a large feeding ground.  Where there is a large quantity of food there is always something that will regularly take advantage.

This pied wagtail enjoying a small invertebrate picked from the mud.

It gave me some great opportunities for some close images
 
This grey wagtail which is normally a bird of small rocky streams was also a regularly visitor.

These were another welcome distraction whilst watching the regular crew on my feeders.


No comments:

Post a Comment