Sunday 10 February 2019

February 2019 So glad Otters are making a big comeback

A friend had told me about a place where otters are regularly seen.  With wildlife there are no guarantees but I thought I would give it a go.  I set off early in the morning and arrived at the site.  There were a few people already there and they were a great sociable group which always makes the wait a good experience.  After about half an hour I received a whistle and pointing down the bank.  This lead to a very exciting time spotting where the otter was going to emerge next.  It was shear excitement and exhilaration.

Swimming toward me across the river

Fishing break in the sun

Plenty of bobbing and action
 This was such a thrilling time, and it made it all the more special sharing the excitement with like minded people.  What a great and memorable occasion.  Just brilliant!

No comments:

Post a Comment