Wednesday 27 November 2019

Trying out the power of Black & White

Should you process some of your images in black & white?
I thought tonight I would have a look at experimenting with black and white.  I normally love colours and could not imagine using anything else.  I thought I would re-process some images and have a look with an open mind to see if they appealed to me.  After a bit of playing I found that for me some birds in flight the images became more effective and dramatic.


Female Peregrine
I think this image of a  Peregrine Falcon is more effective than its full colour counterpart.
Perhaps some dramatic menacing clouds would have improved things.

On the hunt!
This Short Eared Owl hunting over the Cotswold Grassland seems to stand out distinctly from its background. It's so simple on photoshop with just a few clicks and you can save a different version of your image that gives a new perspective.
Generally I think I would stick to the naturalness of full colour, but perhaps when some dramatic clouds are captured in the image I may have a go again.
Its as simple as :Enhance/Convert to Black & White and then save an alternative copy.
Its great though to do something different!

No comments:

Post a Comment