Sunday 5 June 2022

June 2022 After a holiday, back to my own patch, and some British Wildlife

 A holiday in Majorca was brilliant but it is always great to get back to my own patch and some native wildlife.  The breeding season is well underway.  A pair of Nuthatches are very busy feeding their young.

Nuthatch finding plenty of insects

I love this nest site, and managed to capture images of them earlier in the year building up the entrance hole with dried mud.

There are plenty of farmland birds around with Linnets and Whitethroats back on their territories.


Female Linnet

Whitethroat

There are plenty of mammals around to see.  My favourite and back on patch on Langley Hill are the brown hares.  They are so welcome after an absence for many years.  

Brown Hares


The most regular sight are the Roe Deer.  I can almost guarantee to see them.  I am quite disappointed if they don't appear.

A buck in the mowing grass

Doe feeding on Oak leaves

They are great to see, I always enjoy them.  We spent many years with them absent.  The does should have fawns by now but I haven't managed to see any this year.

A lot more difficult to see are the foxes.  They are so much more shy than their urban cousins.

Fox in the summer buttercups

I love the meadow grassland in this image.  So natural looking.

It's really great to be back on patch and catching up with  my local wildlife.

Have a great summer all.



No comments:

Post a Comment